The college’s aim is to set out a procedure in relation to the Education (Independent School Standards) (England) Regulations 2010 for resolving parental concerns and complaints in that it:
- encourages resolution of problems by informal means wherever possible;
- is easily accessible and publicised;
- is simple to understand and use;
- is impartial;
- is non-adversarial;
- allows swift handling with established time limits for action and keeping people informed of the progress;
- ensures a full and fair investigation by an independent person where necessary;
- respects people’s desire for confidentiality;
- addresses all the points at issue and provides an effective response and appropriate redress, where necessary; and
- provides information to the school’s Senior Leadership Team so that services can be improved.
The document below sets out the procedure which should be followed:
Our responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people is of paramount importance and we believe that safer students make more successful learners.