The Catering Staff, under the management of Mellors Catering Services, work very hard to maintain the quality and variety of meals with every effort being made to respond to students’ requests.
Dining Hall Opening Times
Breakfast: 08:30 - 08:50
1st Break: 10:15 - 10:30
2nd Break: 11:15 - 11:30
1st Lunch: 12:30 - 13:00
2nd Lunch: 13:00 - 13:30
3rd Lunch: 13:30 - 14:00
A biometric system of payment is in operation. Money can be added to your child's account via ParentPay or the terminals on site.
Please find below a range of sample menus.
If you wish your child to bring a packed lunch then this should be eaten in the Main Hall and not on the main yard. No food or drink can be taken out of the Dining Hall and eaten elsewhere. The College strongly discourages pupils bringing ‘fizzy’ drinks onto the premises. Water is always the healthy option. Please try to give your child a healthy variety each day and encourage them to eat fruit rather than sweets.
The lunch break does not give time for your child to go home for lunch and they must stay on the College site so we can supervise them. This will ensure that they are on time for afternoon lessons.
Free School MealsYour child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- Younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- In full-time education